Bitbucket push-hook freeze on git rev-list (for some users)

Christoph

Feb 6, 2018, 9:33:40 AM2/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I am currently having some indeterministic trouble with a Jenkins Pipeline that is triggered by bitbucket push notifications.

Sometimes, when triggered by bitbucket, the jenkins build is stuck during checkout, more specifically after git checkout, during git rev-list.
It seems as if whether the build is stuck or not depends on the user pushing the change.

If the build is manually triggered, everything works as intended.

Did anyone of you experience this behavior before?

Or do you have an idea how I could find the root cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

Christoph

Feb 7, 2018, 5:00:06 AM2/7/18
to Jenkins Users
I found the solution in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/jenkinsci-users/9I4nND8DpZo

Just downgrade the jira-Plugin to 2.5.0

Michael Neale

Feb 7, 2018, 7:52:58 PM2/7/18
to Jenkins Users
This seems related to: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-43106

as myself and a few others were seeing the same thing with github specifically and git rev-list - so not specific to pipeline.

The JIRA dependencies are *that* powerfully bad?

Mark Waite

Feb 8, 2018, 8:24:51 AM2/8/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can tell, the Jira dependencies are that powerfully bad.

The initial report of JENKINS-43106 is months before the release of Jira plugin 2.5.1.  I believe there is a real bug in that area which is independent of Jira plugin 2.5.1, but downgrading from Jira plugin 2.5.1 to Jira plugin 2.5.0 resolves many of the reports of JENKINS-43106.  I am unable to duplicate JENKINS-43106, but I believe it is there.  I don't think it is in the git plugin, but I'm ready to be proven wrong about that guess.

I have not seen JENKINS-43106 in my environment, but I downgraded from Jira plugin 2.5.1 to Jira plugin 2.5.0 shortly after seeing the discussions about the possibility of blacklisting Jira plugin 2.5.1.

Mark Waite

Michael Neale

Feb 8, 2018, 6:34:53 PM2/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Right, they are problematic in many ways, this one seems quite serious and also surprising.

2.5.1 was blacklisted from the UC, and I downgraded and instance of mine and so far so good, so I think that is the problem.