Alternative for SendKeys in Jenkins with RobotFramework

Abhishek Inani

Sep 3, 2019, 7:09:05 AM9/3/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any alternative for SendKeys in Jenkins (Robot Framework) ?
I am facing an issue that whenever I execute such code it gets stuck in Jenkins, while same executed successfully locally (without Jenkins)

Thanks
Abhishek

Slide

Sep 3, 2019, 8:43:07 AM9/3/19
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Is this on a Windows agent? Is your agent running as a service? Generally, on Windows services are not allowed to interact with the desktop. There is a setting which allows this, though I believe it is not recommended by MS. (You can Google and find information on interacting with the desktop). Another method to achieve this is to run an agent using the GUI (jnlp), this will allow the agent to interact with the desktop.