is 1.65x Branch will be maintained in parallel of new 2.0 version ?

francois....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 8:59:36 AM3/14/16
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

What would be the Jenkins "policy" for LTS version?
is the 1.x version will be discontinued as soon as the 2.x will start ?
Can we imagine that the next unique July LTS will be 2.x version ?

 Cheers

Francois

Indra Gunawan (ingunawa)

Mar 14, 2016, 12:05:27 PM3/14/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Read this 2.0 Wiki:

Backward Compatible

Jenkins 2.0 is a drop-in replacement of the Jenkins 1.x series of releases and fully backward compatible. There is practically no reason not to upgrade once 2.0 is released.

francois....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 1:11:39 PM3/14/16
to Jenkins Users, ingu...@cisco.com
Thanks
I have read this as well,  and i hope to update as fast as possible, but for production environnement,there are some specific care to take in my company when we upgrade on Major Release . and this induces more 'complex' process for validation. Reason why I would like to know if there are 2 branch for a while, or the LTS 1.65x will last more than usual 12 weeks.
Otherwise, I am already almost late :/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Mar 14, 2016, 1:34:58 PM3/14/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
See this page for the LTS process and its time window. 1.642.3 LTS is expected this Wednesday and we'd be also picking another base version for the next LTS, which should last another 12 weeks, which would be into June-ish if my math is correct.

Then we'd be picking another base version at that time, and personally I'd hope that would be based on 2.x.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi