which logo do you like best?

Alyssa Tong

Dec 14, 2015, 2:17:23 PM12/14/15
to jenkinsci-users, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Hello,

Planning is underway for Jenkins World 2016 in Santa Clara, CA. This will be a three days Jenkins conference for 2016.  I wanted to solicit feedback for the new Jenkins World logo.  Attached are some options to choose from, let us know which logo you like best and if you have better pls do share.

thnx
alyssa
jenkins latest-2.pdf

Richard Bywater

Dec 14, 2015, 2:41:57 PM12/14/15
to jenkinsci-users, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Personally I like #6 the best.

Hau Vong

Dec 14, 2015, 2:43:31 PM12/14/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org

Richard Lavoie

Dec 14, 2015, 3:08:52 PM12/14/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org

Christopher Orr

Dec 14, 2015, 3:24:53 PM12/14/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Something like #2 would be good — #6 is also ok.

Don't forget to get permission to use the Jenkins trademark! :D

Regards,
Chris

Victor Martinez

Dec 14, 2015, 4:11:34 PM12/14/15
to Jenkins Users
I like #2 and #6, but probably #2 is more traditional so in case Jenkins 2.0 would be there, I definitely like #6

Guy Matz

Dec 14, 2015, 4:11:46 PM12/14/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
5 & 6

R. Tyler Croy

Dec 14, 2015, 9:01:06 PM12/14/15
to Alyssa Tong, jenkinsci-users, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
(replies inline)
I'll echo what many have said with #6 and #2 being my preferences (in that
order).

What I will say about #6 is that Mr. Jenkins' left arm appears to me to be too
long, like the designer just chopped is hand off and placed a globe-platter
there. If we are to go with that logo, pending trademark usage request as
Christopher pointed out, then I think a designer should tidy up that
hand-platter interaction.

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

Daniel Beck

Dec 14, 2015, 10:14:59 PM12/14/15

On 14.12.2015, at 20:17, Alyssa Tong <alyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Planning is underway for Jenkins World 2016 in Santa Clara, CA. This will be a three days Jenkins conference for 2016.  I wanted to solicit feedback for the new Jenkins World logo.  Attached are some options to choose from, let us know which logo you like best and if you have better pls do share.

6 is an interesting one, but needs some finishing, like added shading, possibly slightly smaller arm and hand size, and a larger brush for the crease.

----

FWIW I though it'd be interesting how a "2" with globe would look like, see attached. I don't think it's usable as is (colors are too close), but someone who actually knows what they're doing may be able to better implement this idea?

Shree Bolledula

Dec 14, 2015, 10:40:31 PM12/14/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Alyssa Tong, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
No. 6

Sent from my iPhone
<2plus6.png>

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 15, 2015, 1:47:50 AM12/15/15
to Shree Bolledula, Jenkins Users, Alyssa Tong, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
I like #6, but Jenkins' arm is definitely oversized.
Usage of earth globe on the background is not so obvious, because it shows only a small percentage of it.

Hiteswar

Dec 15, 2015, 2:07:13 AM12/15/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Shree Bolledula, Alyssa Tong, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Like #6 concept .

Regards
Hiteswar

Barun Vishwakarma

Dec 15, 2015, 5:42:06 AM12/15/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

5th is best

Thanks
Barun Vishwkarma
9742333641

Luca Milanesio

Dec 15, 2015, 5:43:27 AM12/15/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Alyssa Tong

Dec 15, 2015, 12:10:09 PM12/15/15
to Hiteswar, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Shree Bolledula, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
thank you all for the great feedback!! this is very helpful. It looks like #6 is the winner. We'll work on perfecting his arm and we'll definitely request permission for usage.