Jenkins Docker Plugin - How to configure to connect to Docker host with TLS

Gil

Mar 26, 2020, 8:58:31 AM3/26/20
to Jenkins Users
Hello All -

On the Docker host, I enable remote API with with the TLS option (i.e. create CA server/client keys to protect the daemon socket as described in https://docs.docker.com/engine/security/https/).  All is well.

Now, my question is, on the Jenkins side, with the Docker plugin, how do I configure this plugin so that it / Jenkins can connect to the Docker host securely with the certificate generated above?  Or better yet, what's the right / best method to configure Jenkins Docker plugin to securely connect to the remote Docker host?

Thanks.

Liejun Tao

Mar 26, 2020, 12:04:37 PM3/26/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Generate a client certificate which could connect to the Docker host with tls.
In Jenkins, add a credential of "Docker Host Certificate Authentication" type with the client certificate.
Use the credential in Docker plugin.

Baibai