Java and C/C++ and or Javascript in one Jenkinsfile or ?

Dennis Kavanagh

Aug 28, 2019, 11:30:59 AM8/28/19
to Jenkins Users
Is that possible....?

I am wondering what methods or techniques are available?

Is the use of a Declarative or Scripted Jenkinsfile recommended?

I understand that separate Jenkinsfiles can be placed in each /src for each language with Jenkins capable of picking up

each found Jenkinsfile and executing the commands included.

Thank You

Yeikel

Aug 28, 2019, 5:48:10 PM8/28/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about building multiple languages or writing pipeline scripts using other languages?

Building multiple languages/stacks is fine. Just add different steps.

The scripting language supported by Jenkins is groovy which is compatible with Java code.

Other than that, as far as I know all you can do is to generate groovy code from other languages, import and run the generated groovy code. This is really not that convenient so it may not be worth it

Dennis Kavanagh

Sep 9, 2019, 4:31:07 PM9/9/19
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using the Interpreted/Scripted Pipeline Jenkins syntax vs the Declarative Syntax which does not support steps AFAIK.

Thank You