Compiling Jenkins from source

Radcliff, Allen

Sep 21, 2016, 3:39:01 PM9/21/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

I have Jenkins 1.658 installed on a CentOS 6.6 server.  We are undergoing an accreditation process which requires me to compile external software from source.  After cloning the source repo:

    git clone https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins.git
I run a "git branch -r", but do not see a branch for version 1.658.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Allen

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 21, 2016, 3:44:39 PM9/21/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This is because this is a tag. "jenkins-1.658".

Cheers

Radcliff, Allen

Sep 21, 2016, 3:58:44 PM9/21/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic....thank you every much!!

Allen

Daniel Beck

Sep 21, 2016, 5:41:00 PM9/21/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 21.09.2016, at 21:38, Radcliff, Allen <arad...@novetta.com> wrote:
>
> I run a "git branch -r", but do not see a branch for version 1.658. Please advise.

1.568 has never been publicly announced and only exists due to some process testing. What do you need that for?

Radcliff, Allen

Sep 22, 2016, 8:49:43 AM9/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Basically, I downloaded a plugin that required an upgrade to our 1.xxx version of Jenkins, and my Google search for downloading Jenkins took me here:

    http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/

Not seeing any warnings to the effect of "not for public consumption", I downloaded the latest 1.xxx version on the list.  Do you recommend I drop back to 1.651?

Tnx!

Allen

Daniel Beck

Sep 22, 2016, 10:53:55 AM9/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 22.09.2016, at 14:49, Radcliff, Allen <arad...@novetta.com> wrote:
>
> Not seeing any warnings to the effect of "not for public consumption", I downloaded the latest 1.xxx version on the list. Do you recommend I drop back to 1.651?

It's not broken or anything like that, was just wondering how you found it.

1.651.x would be a suitable LTS line if this is what you want to use, but note that we're no longer updating anything older than 2.x.