Message: Forbidden!Configured service account doesn't have access. Service account may have been revoked.

WANG, YAN-HONG

Oct 2, 2017, 9:39:11 AM10/2/17
to jenkins
Hi

I meet a error message while I tried "Test Connection"

Error connecting to https://kubernetes.default.svc.cluster.local: Failure executing: GET at: https://kubernetes.default.svc.cluster.local/api/v1/namespaces/build-env/pods. Message: Forbidden!Configured service account doesn't have access. Service account may have been revoked. User "system:serviceaccount:build-env:default" cannot list pods in the namespace "build-env"...

My environment:
Platform: Ubuntu 16.04
Jenkins: 2.73.1
Jenkins plugin (kubernetes:1.0).
Kuberntes Server: v1.7.7

There are some similar issue could also be found here.

Is there anyone know about this issue?

Thanks very much.

Hong

Carlos Sanchez

Oct 3, 2017, 6:15:11 AM10/3/17
to Jenkins Users
That means you don't have the right RBAC roles setup for the default SA in kubernetes. By default you get no permissions

YAN-HONG WANG

Oct 4, 2017, 6:01:40 AM10/4/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your valuable hint.
That's worked on Ubuntu 16.04 environment since I added RBAC roles setup.

Something interesting is that before I always run in Minikube environment without RBAC role, that still can run.

Thanks anyway.

Hong