sh returnStdout:true leaking deleted file handles

Kieran Shaw

Jun 7, 2017, 5:39:59 AM6/7/17
to Jenkins Users

Michael Kobit

Jun 7, 2017, 9:18:59 AM6/7/17
to Jenkins Users

We see massive file handle leaks on a different Jenkins we have that does not use Pipeline. The leaks were on the build logs. We haven't figured out if it is a plugin or something in Jenkins core and we just dealt with it by restarting Jenkins nighty.

On another instance we use pipelines extensively (and the returnStdout) but haven't ran into file handle leaks hitting the limit. I'll have to check today to see if we are just getting lucky.

Kieran Shaw

Jun 7, 2017, 12:09:59 PM6/7/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I can reliably run that simple little pipeline that uses returnStdout and get a leak. I'm using the latest versions of everything. I find it hard to believe it is a bug in the 'sh' command as it is going to be so widely used, it can't just have been me that comes across it. So I wonder if it is a combination of plugins I've got going on.

It would be good to hear from more people if they have had any similar problems.