Artifact deployer error failed to deploy

Adharsha sri

Nov 5, 2021, 4:58:36 AM11/5/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We are using artifact deployer plugin but getting the below error
Failed to deploy . Java.io.Exception remote call on host failed. Please help to resolve this issue.

Dirk Heinrichs

Nov 5, 2021, 5:08:57 AM11/5/21
Am Freitag, dem 05.11.2021 um 14:28 +0530 schrieb Adharsha sri:

We are using artifact deployer plugin but getting the below error
Failed to deploy . Java.io.Exception remote call on host failed. Please help to resolve this issue.

Please do not, under any circumstance, provide more details. Someone might be able to help you... *SCNR*

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

Adharsha sri

Nov 5, 2021, 5:21:53 AM11/5/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Can you please let me know what are the details need to be added.

Adrien Lecharpentier

Nov 5, 2021, 5:53:41 AM11/5/21
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I think it would be great if you could create a ticket on issues.jenkins.io. Please provide: jenkins version, plugin version, jdk version, context (job, external tools you try to deploy to). A great thing would be to have a support bundle, generated by the support-core plugin attached to the ticket, as it would provide most of the details.

In the end,
> Java.io.Exception remote call on host failed
is not enough. We don't know enough about the context of the stack trace (which class throw it for instance) to understand why you have this problem.
Many thing can happen: your Jenkins instance has no connection to the target, which is likely the case, a bug in the code of the plugin, etc.

So, are you sure the deployment target is reachable from your jenkins instance? Could you add a shell script (or cmd) to ping the deployment target before trying to use the artifact deployer plugin? Was the configuration working before or is it a new configuration that you run for the first time? If it worked before, what changed (upgrades? environment modifications?, etc)?

Thanks.

Adharsha sri

Nov 5, 2021, 5:58:50 AM11/5/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, able to reach the agent from jenkins instance and this is the 1st time we are configuring artifact deployer plugin.

Dirk Heinrichs

Nov 5, 2021, 6:01:04 AM11/5/21
Am Freitag, dem 05.11.2021 um 14:51 +0530 schrieb Adharsha sri:

Can you please let me know what are the details need to be added.

In addition to what Adrien wrote: Just think about what information you would need if a stranger asked you to solve this problem.
signature.asc

Adharsha sri

Nov 6, 2021, 1:57:20 AM11/6/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Jenkins version- 2.289.3
Artifact Deployer plug-in  version - 1.2