Re: Issue with jenkins pipeline

Toni Van de Voorde

Sep 5, 2019, 1:43:07 AM9/5/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Salvatore,

The pipeline seems correct, but how did you configure jenkins to run this? Seems to me it doesn't find this specific configuration?!

Cheers

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 00:06, Salvatore Esposito <salvatore....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I create this pipeline using docker container based on jenkins image:

pipeline {
    agent any

    stages {
        stage('Build') {
            steps {
                echo 'Building..'
            }
        }
        stage('Test') {
            steps {
                echo 'Testing..'
            }
        }
        stage('Deploy') {
            steps {
                echo 'Deploying....'
            }
        }
    }
}

But when I ran it I got back this:

Stage View

This Pipeline has run successfully, but does not define any stages. Please use the stage step to define some stages in this Pipeline

And there is no echoed valus in console.

What happens with this?

Jan Monterrubio

Sep 6, 2019, 3:06:53 PM9/6/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I usually see this happen when I use a Pipeline item (of type FlowDefiniton) instead of a MultiBranchPipeline (workflowjob)