Github Enterprise support in Blue Ocean

Sangeetha Guhan

Sep 18, 2017, 7:46:54 AM9/18/17
to Jenkins Users

Hi,

I installed Jenkins 2.7.3.1 in my local and successfully installed all the plugins required for Blue Ocean support.

Unfortunately, when I try to create a new pipeline using Blue Ocean using “Github Enterprise”, my Github Server is not recognized and I’m getting this error “Server URL -

Invalid server. Check path to API endpoint.

I gave the server url as – “https://<my github enterprise url>/api/v3/

I tried to curl my Github api url and looks like my url works fine seamlessly. Is there any specific format of giving this url?

Can you help me surpass this stage and build pipeline using Blue Ocean for our Github Enterprise?

A quick turnaround would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Cliff Meyers

Sep 19, 2017, 2:13:30 PM9/19/17
to Jenkins Users List
Hi Sangeetha,

Can you post the response headers and response body from your cURL request? Please redact any information you feel might be sensitive, or if you prefer contact me directly via e-mail.

The code that validates the endpoint URL expects some specific data in the response headers and body. It's possible there is a proxy server inbetween you and GHE that is stripping something out.

Thanks,
Cliff

Ben Kuhl

Jan 26, 2018, 12:11:10 PM1/26/18