RBAC so that users can create projects but not touch other Projects?

Rue, Randy

Jan 29, 2021, 2:08:18 PM1/29/21
to Jenkins Users
Hello All,

I'm trying to set up Role Based Access Control so that users can create
a project and have full rights within their project, but not have admin
rights on other users' projects. We've tested this and so far can't find
a way for users to have that ability, for example, and to not then be
able to see each other's authentication tokens.

Is this possible? So far even in Project-Based Matrix Authorization I
haven't been able to make it work.

Hope to hear from you,

Randy in Seattle

Randy Rue

Feb 2, 2021, 5:31:42 PM2/2/21
to Jenkins Users
Is this possible? I ultimately need a way for users to create a project and have full rights to that and only that project...

Dom Dom

Feb 2, 2021, 8:38:45 PM2/2/21
to Jenkins Users
I think you can follow up with the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-AVR0UoB-c

Vào lúc 05:31:42 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 3 tháng 2, 2021, rand...@gmail.com đã viết:

Dom Dom

Feb 3, 2021, 1:21:26 AM2/3/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Did you see the video yet?
they are so clear for your question

Vào Th 4, 3 thg 2, 2021 vào lúc 08:38 Dom Dom <domd...@gmail.com> đã viết:

Koray Incki

Feb 3, 2021, 2:03:40 PM2/3/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
hi Randy
you can create folders and assign permissions to folders as dom dom suggests. then you can create projects under thisenfolders

Rue, Randy

Feb 4, 2021, 6:23:19 PM2/4/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

OK, I don't believe this plugin was around when I last was hammering on this effort (it's been parked for a few months).

Are "folders" a new thing too?

In any case, I believe I have four folders created and ldap groups with full rights to do what they will inside them. Will hand off to the users for testing.

Thanks!

Randy in Seattle

Daniel Beck

Feb 5, 2021, 8:17:43 AM2/5/21
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 8:08 PM Rue, Randy <rand...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this possible? So far even in Project-Based Matrix Authorization I
haven't been able to make it work.

It should just work there, one of the many issues I fixed in matrix-auth 2.0 back in 2017.