Problem with Publish over SSH

nosl...@hotmail.com

Mar 5, 2021, 6:59:25 PM3/5/21
to Jenkins Users
I am running Jenkins on UBuntu on a Vagrant VM

I created the ssh keys in ~/.ssh

From Jenkins > Configure > Publish over SSH, in the Path to key I enter "/home/vagrant/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"

I get a "No such file: '/home/vagrant/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"" error.

Why doesn't Jenkins see this file?

Thanks

Arnaud bourree

Mar 6, 2021, 2:52:54 AM3/6/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You should use id_rsa which is private key and add id_rsa.pub which is public key to allowed keys in target platform.

Regards

Arnaud

Slide

Mar 6, 2021, 9:15:46 AM3/6/21
to Jenkins User Mailing List
If the keyfile is on an agent, it won't work. You need the private key on the controller and then specify the path on the controller to where the key is located.

nosl...@hotmail.com

Mar 8, 2021, 9:40:19 AM3/8/21
to Jenkins Users
Thank you slide and Arnaud.
Your advice helped me successfully configue it.