How does one fix this CSS issue in Jenkins?

Kari Cowan

Oct 3, 2020, 3:59:26 PM10/3/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
When viewing logs from a pipeline job, the popup window is transparent and underneath the header bar.  I'm pretty sure I could hack the CSS to make it right, but think next time I upgrade versions I could lose that change.  Any way to deal with it that I am not aware of?

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 12.52.18 PM.png

Mark Waite

Oct 3, 2020, 4:31:55 PM10/3/20
to Jenkins Users

Kari Cowan

Oct 3, 2020, 8:55:44 PM10/3/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I started to do that.  But first, you reminded me to check that plugin to ensure it was up to date. It wasn't.  But updating it didn't fix the issue.  Rather than monkey with my team jenkins I loaded up a docker run jenkins locally - and installed the plugin from plugin manager (not the pre-release), and it worked fine.  The log pops up in front and you can read it.

So going that route, I can't replicate the bug I found on my team system.  It's running Jenkins 2.235.5, though I see that Jenkins 2.249.1 is available (that's the version my docker v is running).  I should probably update to that version first and see if that fixes it.

Kari Cowan

Oct 9, 2020, 5:29:11 PM10/9/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If anyone's interested.  Updating my jenkins instance on the server fixed the css issue I was on about last week.  If anything, this encouraged me to install it on my laptop so I could muck about with what I wanted without risking breaking somethng for my team - so that's always good ;-)