Blue Ocean link from a legacy build page shows 404 error

damien.c...@collibra.com

Sep 5, 2018, 2:02:42 PM9/5/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

In version of Jenkins 2.121.3, with Blue Ocean 1.8.2, I have the following behaviour:

* from the Blue Ocean dashboard, I can navigate to a pipeline page
* now using the legacy UI, I navigate to the same pipeline page, and then click on the "Open Blue Ocean" link - I get a 404 exception

The two links seem the same:

So the second URL misses "/pipeline" at the end. Fine. If I add it, it fails the same way, with 404.

Even weirder, if I refresh the first page (the one I got to from the Blue Ocean dashboard), I get also a 404 error.

I do not have any stack trace in the server logs.

I did not see any existing error about this.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
Damien

George Cimpoies

Sep 6, 2018, 2:29:13 AM9/6/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Tried to replicate the scenario but couldn't reproduce your issue, in my case it just opens the appropriate blue ocean section of the pipeline job. Using  Jenkins ver. 2.130.

George Cimpoies
R&D • Itiviti
Software Engineer

Mobile: +40 751 048 489
george....@ullink.com

1 Victor Deleu Street | Cluj-Napoca, Cluj 400112

The information contained in or attached to this email is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the message to us.

Email communications by definition contain personal information. The ITIVITI group of companies (of which ULLINK forms part) is subject to European data protection regulations. ULLINK’s Privacy Policy is available at www.ullink.com. ULLINK expects the recipient of this email to be compliant with ULLINK’s Privacy Policy and applicable regulations. Please advise us immediately at datapro...@ullink.com if you are not compliant with these.

damien.c...@collibra.com

Sep 6, 2018, 3:02:49 AM9/6/18
to Jenkins Users
I could not reproduce the issue when running with the same setup locally (we're defining the complete setup as code, so it's easy to reproduce locally). So I fear this has to do with some proxy settings. But on the proxy logs, nothing.

damien.c...@collibra.com

Sep 6, 2018, 3:36:42 AM9/6/18
to Jenkins Users
I've followed instructions at https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Running+Jenkins+behind+Apache and in particular, I've set the following options:

  ProxyPass        / http://jenkins....:8080/ Keepalive=On retry=1 timeout=60000 nocanon
  ProxyPassReverse / http://jenkins....:8080/ Keepalive=On
  ProxyRequests     Off
  AllowEncodedSlashes On

Nocanon, ProxyRequests off and AllowEncodedSlashes On

Now, my Blue Ocean URLs are working fine.

Thanks,
Damien