Help needed with setting up credentials for Bitbucket-branch-source-plugin

Ashish Sharma

Jul 23, 2020, 12:56:42 PM7/23/20
to Jenkins Users
Dear community,

I need help in understanding how setting up credentials work for this plugin.

Does this require system admin level username / password or any user credentials (who has read access on repo) can be provided.

Also any limitations on what kind of directory that user is coming from? We are using delegated ldap for microsoft active directory in bitbucket.

I tried to setup using a general user credentials but its not able to fetch repositories with project name, it keeps showing error message. Does this have to be the project admin user credentials?

Thanks,
Ashish

Richard Bywater

Jul 24, 2020, 4:50:37 AM7/24/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
For use with a multibranch type job you'll need username & password/token credentials for a Bitbucket user which has read access to the repo (or admin access if you want Jenkins to setup the hooks automatically).
For use with an organisation folder type job (with Bitbucket server at least - haven't used Bitbucket cloud so can't fully comment) you'll want a username & password/token credentials for a Bitbucket user which has read access to a project (or admin access if you want Jenkins to setup the hooks automatically).

If that's not working then you'll need to be a bit clearer about the error that you are getting as it could be a number of things.

Richard.

Ashish Sharma

Jul 26, 2020, 10:19:40 PM7/26/20
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Richard, I tried with user credentials with Project read access and it's not working for me.

Here is the error I get on the config screen:

PluginError.PNG

At the same time I see below logs in jenkins, I am not sure if this is related:

Jul 27, 2020 10:01:49 AM WARNING org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies processCookiesInvalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: xxxxx; Expires=Mon, 03 Aug 2020 02:01:48 GMT; Path=/". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 02:01:48 GMT

Jul 27, 2020 10:01:49 AM WARNING org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies processCookies
Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: xxxxxx; Expires=Mon, 03 Aug 2020 02:01:48 GMT; Path=/; SameSite=None; Secure". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 02:01:48 GMT

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish