Start multi-branch indexing from SCM notification

Daniel Becroft

Sep 6, 2018, 9:42:19 PM9/6/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a multi-branch pipeline setup to initiate a branch indexing every X minutes, which works fine. However, I am trying to start that process from the command line via a post-commit hook.

For a normal job, I can use the /subversion/<uuid>/notifyCommit to tell Jenkins of a new commit, and it will start any jobs that require it. This doesn't seem to apply to the multi-branch jobs, though. I can only start a job by using /jobs/<job-nam>/build.

I could have multiple jobs that share a repository, and I would like to avoid having to manually list each job in the post-commit hook.

The polling also had the advantage of triggering downstream jobs when an external changed - is this possible with the branch indexing? (ie run branch indexing, if external changes then run the branch build)?
---
Daniel Becroft

Stephen Connolly

Sep 14, 2018, 2:06:19 AM9/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Brack indexing is basically a smart polling, and *should* be triggered off scm notifications

However Subversion has not been updated in multibranch support for a good while now.

Sent from my phone

Jan Monterrubio

Sep 14, 2018, 8:52:42 AM9/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
There’s a scan button on the UI, so maybe we can track down what endpoint that’s hitting and call that instead of notifyCommit? Would that do the trick?