jenkinsci/jenkins docker image ssl issues

christian polzer

May 25, 2016, 9:37:29 AM5/25/16
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I am currently trying to evaluate an update to Jenkins 2.x here at work with the actual docker image of jenkinsci/jenkins.

For this I need to git pull my git repo from a selfhosted Bitbucket/Stash Server via https.

Of course, the docker image's JVM has no clue of that cert.

So I wanted to give the plugin "skip-certificate-check" a try, which isn't helping in this case.

After several hours of trying and searching my way through the interwebz, I am turning to this group, with the hope that anyone here has solved that problem before?

Kind regards,

Chris

Zoratto Thomas

May 25, 2016, 12:25:24 PM5/25/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You can build your own Jenkins image based on the official one but with the Java trust store configured with your certs.

Or you could use ssh (or event git protocol?) instead of https.

The plugin you are talking about seems broken and no longer maintained

Thomas

nicolas de loof

May 25, 2016, 1:07:50 PM5/25/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Can't you just docker exec this jenkins container and configure git to accept this self-signed certificate ? see https://git-scm.com/docs/git-repo-config/1.4.3#http.sslCAPath

Zoratto Thomas

May 25, 2016, 1:35:30 PM5/25/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Docker exec is ok if you don't want to persist this configuration

nicolas de loof

May 25, 2016, 1:42:15 PM5/25/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
ok, then you can use an init.groovy file for this purpose (stored in jenkins_home)

Zoratto Thomas

May 25, 2016, 1:46:23 PM5/25/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Baptiste Mathus