Warning Plugin 5.0 Release - Beta Testing

Ullrich Hafner

Sep 10, 2018, 4:05:57 AM9/10/18
to Jenkins Users
A new major release of the static analysis suite is about to come. Since there are a lot of changes (see [1]) I decided to start with a public beta. I.e., the new release is currently only available at the experimental update center.

Important changes at a glance:
- All plug-ins have been merged into the Warning Plug-in, i.e. there is only a single entry point for all static analysis tools now. That means that the plugins android-lint, ccm, checkstyle, dry, pmd, findbugs, analysis-core, analysis-collector, task-scanner are at end-of-life. You do not need them anymore after a (manual) migration of your existing jobs.
- New UI using modern frameworks (charts, tables, etc.). See documentation [1] for some screenshots and details about the user experience.
- New API for pipelines to combine and filter reports.

Since the wiki is not reliable in the moment I published the new documentation directly in GitHub [1].

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Convert some of your jobs to the new API and test the new (and old) features (based on your requirements).
- Read all labels carefully, I’m not a native speaker so some descriptions might be misleading or incorrect.
- Check the new URLs and names of the parsers, see list of supported formats [2].

If you find a problem, incorrect phrase, typo, etc. please report a bug in Jira (or even better: file a PR in GitHub).

[1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/warnings-plugin/blob/master/doc/Documentation.md
[2] https://github.com/jenkinsci/warnings-plugin/blob/master/SUPPORTED-FORMATS.md

Ullrich Hafner

Oct 31, 2018, 11:52:59 AM10/31/18
to Jenkins Users
The next beta release is available for download!

In order to simplify the upgrade process I moved all new reporters and steps to a completely new plugin: Warnings Next Generation Plugin (warnings-ng).
That means the old plugins (warnings, checkstyle, findbugs, analysis-core etc.) are not required anymore if you have converted your jobs.

You need to install the following plugins (from the experimental update center):
• analysis-model-api: 1.0.0-beta9
• warnings-ng (Warnings Next Generation Plugin): 1.0.0-beta1
signature.asc

Adam von Nieda

Nov 1, 2018, 9:05:58 AM11/1/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

   Hi folks,

   My situation is that I have to keep OpenJDK up to date on all of my Redhat 7 Linux boxes, and updating Java does not necessarily mean a system boot. Is there a way that I can tell the agents on a number of machines (preferably by label) to redeploy / restart, so that they will pick up the new Java? What happens is I update the JDK, and then jobs start failing because libraries no longer exist for the previous version of java, which is still running “remoting.jar”.

   Thanks very much for the advice,

      -Adam

--
Adam vonNieda

Jan Monterrubio

Nov 1, 2018, 7:14:43 PM11/1/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, you can access the agents via Jenkins.getNodes()

Then in a loop do something like:

agent.setOffline()
agent.reconnect()

Here’s some references that might help.

Adam von Nieda

Nov 1, 2018, 10:32:24 PM11/1/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

  Thanks very much Jan, that’s very helpful, and I appreciate the response :)

      -Adam

--
Adam vonNieda