hudson.Filepath issue

webde...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2021, 9:22:39 AM3/24/21
to Jenkins Users
good morning, all. My team and I have hit this issue before on the same node/agent and a reboot "fixed" the issue, but we ran into the issue again this morning on the same node.

here's the specific error:

org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.MissingContextVariableException: Required context class hudson.FilePath is missing

any ideas how to avoid this?

Devin Nusbaum

Mar 25, 2021, 10:25:20 AM3/25/21
to Jenkins Users
That kind of error usually means that something is wrong with your Pipeline, but if you are running an old version of Pipeline: Nodes and Processes plugin you might be running into https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-58900, in which case the real issue would be that the agent is being disconnected for some reason. If you provide more information, such as the version of Jenkins, the versions of all installed plugins, and the Jenkinsfile you are using, someone may be able to help.

Thanks,
Devin