Jenkins Administration - Role-based Authorization Strategy - Manage & Assign Roles list really big

gotvi...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2018, 3:49:45 PM10/24/18
to Jenkins Users
We use Role-based Authorization Strategy plugin and when we go to Assign Roles, the list is really huge and it's becoming hard day by day to add users.  Is there a way to address this issue?

1) We are currently handling these manually.  Is there a way to handle this manual (like freeze panes in Windows Excel or something of that sort)?
2) Can we automate this using Ansible as we are going to have Ansible setup soon?

Beushausen, Christian

Oct 30, 2018, 5:13:58 AM10/30/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We set up dedicated AD groups for different types of users (developers, users, integrators) and only those groups are maintained on Jenkins. Everything else is done via the AD groups.

Maybe also not the best approach, but this way we were able to mostly centralize all access requests to one single point of entry.

Br,
Christian

Victor Martinez

Oct 30, 2018, 6:21:32 PM10/30/18