Running Jenkins jobs in command line

Bubunia Patra

Sep 22, 2016, 1:32:09 PM9/22/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,

One of the opensource tool will trigger the Jenkins job from command line and update the results. I googled and found some articles:

Can some one tell me how effective running jenkins from command line based on that i can decide ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Pradeep

Indra Gunawan (ingunawa)

Sep 22, 2016, 1:39:41 PM9/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you want your user to crash/shut down your Jenkins with a groovy script that does “System.exit(0)” then you go ahead allow CLI (run jenkins from command line)

Daniel Beck

Sep 22, 2016, 2:00:48 PM9/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 22.09.2016, at 19:38, Indra Gunawan (ingunawa) <ingu...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> If you want your user to crash/shut down your Jenkins with a groovy script that does “System.exit(0)” then you go ahead allow CLI (run jenkins from command line)

While this is theoretically possible, it requires extensive permissions on the side of the user: Overall/Administer or Overall/RunScripts are needed to access the Script Console or use the Groovy-related CLI methods. Regular users are not allowed to do this -- use something like Matrix Authorization Strategy Plugin to implement fine-grained permissions control.