Plugins with no license

Warren Humphreys

Feb 16, 2021, 11:01:07 AM2/16/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

There are several plugins that have no license defined either in the pom.xml or in a license file in the GIthub repo.

So a couple of questions

1) Is there a statement anywhere that declares a default license type for any plugins that do not declare a license type explicitly,
2) What’s the process to request that a license is added to a plugin?

Cheers,

Woz

Slide

Feb 16, 2021, 2:10:12 PM2/16/21
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Hi Woz,

Here is the statement on licenses in the Jenkins project: https://www.jenkins.io/project/governance/#license

As far as requesting that a license be added, a PR might be ok. Or you could try submitting an issue for the plugin either in Jira, or GitHub issues if the plugin is using GitHub issues.

Regards,

Alex

Warren Humphreys

Feb 16, 2021, 5:20:27 PM2/16/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much, that’s perfect. The main plugin I’m interested in isn’t using Github issues, so I’ll raise a Jira and a PR.

Regards,

Woz