Jenkins' HTTP Request plugin does not wait until web page is loaded

Nilesh Tembhre

Dec 2, 2020, 12:23:58 PM12/2/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,
I am using the 'HTTP Request' plugin available in Jenkins. I have to do a GET request using this plugin. But the web page, I want to GET, takes a few seconds to load the page.
But, Jenkins completes the job and shows the 'loading' information in response.

Could someone please tell me how I can tell Jenkins to wait for a few seconds and then read the page and return the actual content of the web page?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nilesh

Björn Pedersen

Dec 3, 2020, 1:28:26 AM12/3/20
to Jenkins Users
Are you sure your GET request targets the right endpoint? If you get a loading mesage, this is a strong hint that there is ajax loading involved, which  the http requets plugin would not handle.

Either find out the ajax endpoint you are  interessted in, or switch to e.g. using selenium in this case.