Extracting credentials from Jenkins server

Jakov Sosic

Apr 22, 2016, 7:09:45 PM4/22/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi guys,

I'm trying to extract credentials from Jenkins server and migrate them to a new server I'm setting up. I don't want to simply copy whole /var/lib/jenkins directory, because I inherited an instance which isn't documented very well.

I'm trying to rectify that by migrating step by step and documenting stuff in the process, but the credentials part is really hard. I did manage to extract all the username/password combinations by using fake build plan which would echo them to log, but the issue I'm having problem the most are the SSH keys.

Is there a way to extract SSH keys?

Thanks.

Victor Martinez

Apr 25, 2016, 5:58:48 PM4/25/16