EC2 Plugin Config for launching slave in another AWS account

Paritosh Anand

Dec 18, 2020, 7:54:36 AM12/18/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Lately, I have been trying to figure out how to configure EC2 cloud to launch slave nodes in another AWS account.

Seems the plugin is unable to successfully locate the AMI and security groups from the other account.

Why am I doing this ?
Recently our organisation got merged with another, and we are trying to unify the Jenkins platform to support CI for all the projects.
We do use the EC2 plugin to dynamically launch nodes based on the workload. Hence, wish to extend the same for the sister organisation.

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks.
Paritosh

Paritosh Anand

Dec 28, 2020, 8:43:13 AM12/28/20
to Jenkins Users
Lately, we figured out how this will work.

Steps to configure this correctly.
  1. Create a new credential in Jenkins of a kind "AWS Credentials".
  2. Add "IAM Role to use" as the IAM role that needs to be assumed.
  3. Create a new Amazon EC2 configuration in "Configure Clouds". Use the credential created in step 2 in the "Amazon EC2 Credentials" field.
  4. Configure EC2 general instance configuration.
Thanks

Dom Dom

Dec 28, 2020, 10:17:22 AM12/28/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
find out all the answers from this video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAa3u39RYpM

Vào Th 2, 28 thg 12, 2020 vào lúc 20:43 Paritosh Anand <kaka...@gmail.com> đã viết: