browsing file

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 2:56:56 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I whould like to create a Jenkins job that can browsing a directories or files in the client  hard disk (c:)

BR
Yos

Robert Rajendra

Nov 8, 2018, 3:19:58 AM11/8/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
if the client system is unix you can use execute shell step and write the commands there so every time when your job will run it will execute the commands written in that terminal

Robert Rajendra

Associate Network/Server Support Engineer

IT Hands

P: +91 863.087.3094

W: www.ITHands.com

RAJENDRA PRASAD

Nov 8, 2018, 3:30:47 AM11/8/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to write a script or job to browse files client hard disk C:\ drive ???

You mean your script needs to list the files of client hard disk? Or you want to browse files on client harddisk?

If your requirement is browsing files on client hard disk , I don't think it is possible via Jenkins job/script,

Or

If your requirement is to list the files on client hard disk whenever you run the job then
Thanks that may be possible.

Before that, I would like to where the Jenkins instance running is on the same windows machine?

If Jenkins is running on same windows box and if your Jenkins your have rights to read access C:\ drive then listing files on clients harddisk is damn easy.

Thanks

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 3:57:55 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
thanks a lot !!!!

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 3:58:05 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
thanks a lot !!!!

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 3:59:57 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
I mean like the File Parameter  , I need a parameter directory .

RAJENDRA PRASAD

Nov 8, 2018, 4:04:56 AM11/8/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Ok then , is Jenkins instance running on the same machine?

Thanks,
Rajendra

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 4:10:36 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Rajendra !!

no - jenkins on the cloud (linux ubuntu).
I want to see a choosen folder on the client machine (windows)

BR
Yos

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 4:37:52 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
my goal is to copy all the files under the selected folder on the client machine

RAJENDRA PRASAD

Nov 8, 2018, 5:00:03 AM11/8/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
All you need to do is to implement a java/groovy script code to  connect windows machine from jenkins machine which is running on Ubuntu machine.

This script acts as a client and connects to remote machine and lists the files and even you can do  transferring files via SFTP.

Following link can help you to implement that script.

After implementing this script, create a free style job in Jenkins, go to build step section and select groovy script and paste the implemented java/groovy code  that reads your client harddisk directory contents.

You can google about it,  lots of examples are present on internet, even I implemented similar one before but that is between Linux to linux machines using jsch library.

Thanks
Rajendra

yossibr9876

Nov 8, 2018, 6:04:14 AM11/8/18