freeipa + ldap plugin: "Invalid login information"

Harri

Feb 10, 2017, 6:21:24 AM2/10/17
to Jenkins Users
Problem with Jenkins 2.32.2 and FreeIPA (Centos 7.3):
I have configured Jenkin's LDAP plugin according to the documentation on the Wiki (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LDAP+Plugin). Everything appears to be fine: anonymous ldap browsing is possible, user search base is given, etc. No warnings or errors in the System Log.

But if I try to login in Jenkins as a regular user (managed in Freeipa), then I get a message "Invalid login information" :-( On the command line the jenkins user can read the whole user and group base using ldapsearch, so I wonder wth?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated
Harri