How to whitelist Build Flow Plugin

Jagjeet Singh

Mar 20, 2020, 1:36:23 PM3/20/20
to Jenkins Users
after upgrading to Jenkins 2.213 I'm seeing issues with build record serialisation. Build records are not being saved and are lost when the service is restarted. Here is error I am seeing.

SEVERE: Failed to save build record
java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to serialize hudson.model.Actionable#actions for class hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild
at hudson.XmlFile.write(XmlFile.java:200)
at hudson.model.Run.save(Run.java:1923)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1784)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to serialize hudson.model.Actionable#actions for class hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild
at hudson.util.RobustReflectionConverter$2.writeField(RobustReflectionConverter.java:256)
at hudson.util.RobustReflectionConverter$2.visit(RobustReflectionConverter.java:224)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.visitSerializableFields(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:138)
at hudson.util.RobustReflectionConverter.doMarshal(RobustReflectionConverter.java:209)
at hudson.util.RobustReflectionConverter.marshal(RobustReflectionConverter.java:150)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:43)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.start(TreeMarshaller.java:82)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.marshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:37)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.marshal(XStream.java:1026)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.marshal(XStream.java:1015)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.toXML(XStream.java:988)
at hudson.XmlFile.write(XmlFile.java:193)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to serialize hudson.model.CauseAction#causeBag for class hudson.model.CauseAction
at

I found your conversation on https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/jenkinsci-users/5ggNkmjewng/K7J_lLMBAgAJ

There it is written as Suppress the entire whitelist by using "-Djenkins.security.ClassFilterImpl.SUPPRESS_WHITELIST=true"

I had run the below command on my windows Jenkin path:
java -Djenkins.security.ClassFilterImpl.SUPPRESS_WHITELIST=true -jar jenkins.war ...

It has turned my existing Jenkins server to newly installed one. I have to configure everything from fresh. All the jobs are missing.

Also is there any other way by which we can whitelist the build flow plug-in?

PS: My Jenkins Project's is on Linux. So looking for solution which can be applied on Linux server.