concurrency parameter no longer accepted for stage block?

Kyle Flavin

Oct 17, 2016, 1:44:49 PM10/17/16
to Jenkins Users
I posted this in the wrong place previously - hope this is correct.

Does the concurrency parameter no longer apply to the stage block?  This post is in reference to: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-26107

I have some legacy code, and I'm converting "stage" to use the new block format. We have a lot of stuff that looks like this:

stage name: 's1: do something', concurrency: 1

stage name
: 's2: do something else', concurrency: 1

I'm not entirely sure what "concurrency" is doing, or if it's even necessary to preserve in this case.  I can't find much reference to the new form in the docs.  Is it safe to just ignore the parameter?  Is it handled in some other way now?:

stage("s1: do something") {

}

Brian Ray

Oct 25, 2016, 3:52:52 PM10/25/16
to Jenkins Users
Yes, there's a more sophisticated way of doing this now. Here's a good blog post on the technique.