Clean useless files and directories

Peter Flanagan

Sep 30, 2019, 11:18:13 AM9/30/19
to Jenkins Users
Hello,
working on Jenkins 2.150 hosted on on AWS-EC2, jenkins_home dir is located on an EFS

The space of some Jenkins instances increase dramatically due to folder not removed automatically by internal Jenkins storage management.

Using multi-branch jobs I got 2 major issues:
- some branches directories stay on file system despite the branches does not exist anymore on GUI
- some workspace__* directories stay also on FS despite the build workspace always linked to the last waorkspace (without __ suffix)

I'm wondering how to clean these two useless (according to me) directories properly.

Thanks very much for your help

ZillaYT

Oct 3, 2019, 2:52:41 PM10/3/19
to Jenkins Users
You mean multi-branch "pipeline" jobs? In the job config page, Orphaned Strategy section, you check the "Discard old items" check box.