Confluence Publisher plugin: publishConfluence return value

MtnBill

Aug 20, 2020, 7:23:01 PM8/20/20
to Jenkins Users
In order to create nested new pages, I need to get the new page-Id from the first new one to pass as the parentId when creating its child.
However, if I do the following:
    topPageId = 332914247
    newTop = publishConfluence siteName: ....., parentId: topPageId , ...
It successfully creates the first new page, but newTop has no value, so I cannot create an additional page under it.

Am I doing something silly, or does the plug-in just not support that?
And if the latter, does anyone have suggestions for a workaround (preferably not making my own independent REST calls).

Thanks.