Attempt to (de-)serialize anonymous class hudson.maven.reporters.MavenArtifactArchiver and hudson.maven.reporters.MavenFingerprinter

gary.l...@ge.com

Aug 10, 2018, 1:07:57 PM8/10/18
to Jenkins Users

Hello,

I was on Jenkins 1.6.x I’ve upgraded and fresh install of Jenkins 2.136.

Since the upgrade I continuously get these warnings. I’m not sure what this is saying.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I looked at the doc, but, don’t know what to do with it.

[WARNING] Attempt to (de-)serialize anonymous class hudson.maven.reporters.MavenArtifactArchiver$2; see: https://jenkins.io/redirect/serialization-of-anonymous-classes/
[WARNING] Attempt to (de-)serialize anonymous class hudson.maven.reporters.MavenFingerprinter$1; see: https://jenkins.io/redirect/serialization-of-anonymous-classes/

Thanks!

gary.l...@ge.com

Aug 14, 2018, 5:43:18 AM8/14/18
to Jenkins Users
?IS this a Bug?  I don't know. I guess noone really watches this support forum. I will enter a bug ticket to get some response. thank you.

Devin Nusbaum

Aug 14, 2018, 9:43:09 AM8/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

As the linked page explains, anonymous classes can cause various problems when serializing objects in Jenkins, so these messages are printed as a warning so we can identify potential issues. I think these are the anonymous classes in question: MavenArtifactArchiver$2MavenFingerprinter$1. It looks like they are only used for remoting, so a PR to convert them to named classes would be welcome.

gary.l...@ge.com

Aug 14, 2018, 10:07:06 AM8/14/18
to Jenkins Users
Thank you Devin!!!  I'm sorry what is a PR ? a Problem Report? Jenkins Jira.

Devin Nusbaum

Aug 14, 2018, 10:23:13 AM8/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
A PR is a Pull Request on GitHub. Here is the offending plugin’s source code: https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-plugin. You could instead open an issue on Jira if you are not comfortable with Java development, but I don’t know how much time the Maven Plugin maintainers have to work on the plugin so it may be a while before anyone fixes it.

gary.l...@ge.com

Aug 14, 2018, 11:43:17 AM8/14/18
to Jenkins Users
thank you Devin! greatly appreciate it.

ale rajesh

Nov 27, 2018, 3:12:40 PM11/27/18
to Jenkins Users
Did you find any answer. am facing the same issue

Pranav Kv

Nov 28, 2018, 12:23:23 AM11/28/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Any one can comment on this? I'm also getting the same warning in jenkins 2.121.1

Regards
Peanav

Devin Nusbaum

Nov 28, 2018, 9:01:51 AM11/28/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
As I mentioned previously in the thread:

As the linked page explains, anonymous classes can cause various problems when serializing objects in Jenkins, so these messages are printed as a warning so we can identify potential issues. I think these are the anonymous classes in question: MavenArtifactArchiver$2MavenFingerprinter$1. It looks like they are only used for remoting, so [a GitHub pull request] to convert them to named classes would be welcome [because I do not think there are any active maintainers working on the plugin so this error will not be fixed otherwise].

It looks like someone reported the issue on the bug tracker: JENKINS-53481 and a PR was opened to fix it: https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-plugin/pull/120, but I do not know if there are any active maintainers who can merge and release the fix.

Olivier Lamy

Nov 29, 2018, 5:15:05 AM11/29/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi
Merged.
Release tomorrow.
Cheers
Olivier

Olivier Lamy

Nov 29, 2018, 11:13:45 PM11/29/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
release done and available via your favourite update center!
Enjoy your weekend using the so great Jenkins Maven Integration Plugin!!
Cheers
Olivier

Pranav Kv

Nov 29, 2018, 11:28:32 PM11/29/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thank You So much  Mr. Oliver.
Could you please update the status in jira? The jira status showing "fixed but unreleased"

Thanks,
Pranav

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPoyBqRZ1wRO9dT96gZLLz1_uFzM_XaHEYgrnzcrio5_uJpadw%40mail.gmail.com.

Pranav Kv

Dec 19, 2018, 9:11:06 AM12/19/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
After upgrading version to 3.2 I'm getting diffrent warnings. This time it's related with Surefire Archiver

Re: Attempt to (de-)serialize anonymous class hudson.maven.reporters.SurefireArchiver$2