Job-runtime after jenkins updates (jenkins running as service on windows server)

Christoph Fetzer

Mar 27, 2020, 9:44:18 AM3/27/20
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I have my jenkins running as service on a windows server 2016.
Whenever there is an update on any plugin or jenkins itself some of my jobs are running severely slower (e.g. 150->340 minutes).
What I can say:
- it's only affecting (declarative) pipeline jobs, no freestyle-jobs
- it's only affecting some of the stages inside.
- the slowdown dissapears as soon as I restart the service.

While watching the issue for a while I didn't see a correlation with updates of any plugin or jenkins itself. It seems to be only correltated to the jenkins restart without a service restart.

I created a Jira issue for that (JENKINS-59311) a while ago (you can read a lot of the history of diggin into the issue from that).

Any ideas how to get rid of that?
Or find the right keywords or plugin for the jira issue to address the right people?

Many thanks in advance for any kind of assistance!

Regards,
Christoph