Call something to force "Please wait while Jenkins is getting ready to start" to show?

Matthew Strickland

Apr 20, 2017, 11:53:09 AM4/20/17
to Jenkins Users
We're running a lot of startup scripts for our jenkins box (user_data on our EC2 instance, mounting etc), is there a way to get the inbuilt start screen to show up (through a groovy script perhaps) and then to take it back down again so that anyone trying to use the box in this time is unable to?

Failing that, is there anyway to lock Jenkins from being used at all until we say it's ready? (No login screen even)

Thanks

Matt

jer...@bodycad.com

Apr 20, 2017, 2:41:14 PM4/20/17
to Jenkins Users
Maybe you should have a web server in front of you Jenkins as a proxy (can be on the same machine) like Apache. User request on Apache, Apache can check if Jenkins is up and display a web page that Jenkins is under maintenance if not up (Virtual Host config). You could also make a file lock check on the machine disk, which would change the request answer. You could also have multiple duplicated Jenkins machine and the front Proxy could redirect to either up and update each one in alternance.

Not sure this help you, but just an idea.