Failed to connect to repository : Could not init /tmp

Anh Lê Vũ

Apr 25, 2014, 6:29:18 AM4/25/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

I'm using

  • Jenkins ver. 1.560
  • CentOS release 6.5 (x86_64)
  • Git version 1.9.0

Centos

GIT Plug-In is installed, but when I setup the git repo on SCM section I get the following error

Does anyone have any idea about this problem

Thanks in advance!

Andrei Dascalu

May 6, 2014, 3:43:23 AM5/6/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Any success in finding a solution to this?

I am having the same issue. It happened soon after upgrading to 1.561. Just a day earlier everything was working fine and there were no changes done on the server since then.

  • Jenkins 1.561
  • Centos 6.5 x64
  • Git 1.8.5.5

Mark Waite

May 6, 2014, 7:17:41 AM5/6/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

There was a change made in git client plugin 1.8.1 in that area. If you are not using git client plugin 1.8.1 you should try updating to that version through the "Manage plugins" page.

If you are using git client plugin 1.8.1 then you may need to downgrade to git client plugin 1.8.0.

You should probably also remove the directory /tmp/.git recursively.

Mark Waite

Pedro Madrid

May 23, 2014, 9:36:28 AM5/23/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you have properly configured your "Path to Git executable" in Manage Jenkins -> Configure System.

That solved the problem for me.

Gabriel Lacatus

Aug 9, 2015, 10:55:21 AM8/9/15
to Jenkins Users

Vinay KR

Jul 25, 2016, 10:07:02 AM7/25/16
to Jenkins Users
Can you please let me know how to do this ? Thanks

Vinay KR

Jul 25, 2016, 10:19:47 AM7/25/16
to Jenkins Users
I can't find this " Path to Git executable" option in "Manage jenkins / Configure".
My Jenkins version is 2.8
Thanks in advance

Mark Waite

Jul 25, 2016, 10:23:58 AM7/25/16
to Jenkins Users
Jenkins version 2 simplifies the configuration experience by adding a new section called "Global Tool Configuration" from the "Manage Jenkins" page.  You'll find the git configuration there.

Mark Waite

Vinay KR

Jul 25, 2016, 10:42:42 AM7/25/16
to Jenkins Users