Z/OS Connector; return results to Jenkins from a secondary job

rsjrny

Jul 21, 2016, 8:40:22 AM7/21/16
to Jenkins Users
I am able to successful use the Z/OS connector to submit my build job and return it's results but unfortunately the result are not the results I need. The results are only from the single job submitted by Jenkins

My process submits JCL that in turn submits 1-nn other JCL jobs to execute a build of 1-nn modules.Each of these 1-nn jobs run to completion and the Return Code of the 1-nn jobs are the real completion I need reported in Jenkins

What I need to return to jenkins is the log from all the modules generated after job nn has completed.

The process looks like this:
  1. Submit Main Job using jenkins which in turn submits individual element generates
    1. Submits 1-nn element generate
    2. Log results from element generate
    3. repeat until all jobs have finished
  2. Return  complete Log result to Jenkins with MAXCC

All suggestions are welcome

thanks,

Russ

Patricio Iglesias

Apr 5, 2017, 9:50:34 AM4/5/17
to Jenkins Users
Im trying to invoke a JCL with no luck. Could you (or anyone) kindly post your job configuration as an example please?

rsjrny

Oct 5, 2017, 2:16:57 PM10/5/17
to Jenkins Users
follow the instructions at: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/IBM+zOS+Connector

in the source manager you can select None if you do not want to interface  with the source manager