Distributed Tasks

Sindhuja Banyala

Jul 27, 2020, 1:03:50 PM7/27/20
to Jenkins Users
I have set of test cases to be run. I will give these to a job which is configured to run on group of nodes(grouped using same label name).
I want this particular job to split my test cases and assign to all the free nodes available in this group.
I tried elastic-axis plugin to achieve this distributed task mechanism, apparently it did not split the test cases instead it concurrently executed the same task on all the nodes present in that group. It would good if anybody can suggest any mandatory/missing configuration for Elastic-axis or any new plug-in that can serve my requirement.

JonathanRRogers

Jul 28, 2020, 12:11:01 PM7/28/20
to Jenkins Users
You can use Jenkins to run tests written in a large variety of languages with a large variety of test runners, so there's no way to answer your question without more details about your tests and how you run them. I run tests written in Python using a custom system that runs pytest concurrently on several nodes. There may be an easier way for you, depending on your needs. I'm not very familiar with elastic-axis, but it doesn't seem very well maintained, since its last release was six years ago.