Easiest way to control local machine?

Fred Niemelä

Dec 29, 2017, 9:23:48 AM12/29/17
to Jenkins Users
I'm a newbie to Jenkins and would appreciate some hints to get me started.

Basically what I want to do is:

Start a job from Jenkins that:
1. Runs a command (e.g. batch-file) on my local machine "programX.exe -flag <input arguments>
2. That program will output a few csv files
3. Upload these csv files to the Jenkins server
4. Email the results

What would be the easiest way to do this?

Long Tran

Jan 2, 2018, 3:31:35 AM1/2/18
to Jenkins Users
1. Runs a command (e.g. batch-file) on my local machine "programX.exe -flag <input arguments>

Restrict this job to run only on your local machine. Add any string parameter you want, then in batch command just call them "programX.exe -flag %PARAM%

2. That program will output a few csv files
3. Upload these csv files to the Jenkins server

What do you mean by "upload" ? I guess you want to copy them from your machine to Jenkins master ? There's an option to copy file from slave to master job's workspace or you can you Archive artifact plugin from your machine then copy on master

4. Email the results

At Post build step, add Editable Email Notification step, config to send email as Always, you can add the link of csv file in email content with syntax ${FILE, path="path/to/csv/files"}