.ssh/config file not read?

Karsten K

Sep 21, 2015, 5:37:17 AM9/21/15
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,

sorry in case for a duplicated question, but by scrolling through various forums I couldn't find any concrete info.

I have the feeling that jenkins doesn't really read my ssh-config file.

On my master:
created a certificate called 'jenkins'.
I copied this identityfile on each slave.

Since the username on each slave is called 'slave' I created a ssh config file pointing the user 'slave' to identityfile 'jenkins'.
However I constantly run into 'ERROR: Server rejected the 1 private key(s) for jenkins' ...
So I had to create a new profile called 'slave' given the correct key and it seemed to work.

So the question here is why username 'jenkins' fails when ssh into any slave-machine just works fine based on the config file.

any ideas?

João Simas

Nov 30, 2015, 2:30:09 PM11/30/15
to Jenkins Users