Login Problems with issues.jenkins-ci.org - who to contact?

Mark Ottaviani

Jun 29, 2018, 4:43:45 AM6/29/18
to Jenkins Users
I have a co-worker that's been unable to get his issues.jenkins-ci.org Jira account working correctly.  Tried multiple browsers and still have the same issue.  He's able to login to https://accounts.jenkins.io/ just fine, but the same account doesn't work on issues.jenkins-ci.org

Is there anyone he can contact for assistance?  I was unable to find any contacts on the websites themselves.

Thanks!
Mark

Ross Bender

Nov 25, 2020, 3:15:51 PM11/25/20
to Jenkins Users
I am having the same issue. I have an account and can log into https://accounts.jenkins.io/, but when I try logging into https://issues.jenkins.io/ I receive the error "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again."

My username is l3ender. Can someone advise or assist? Thanks!

Mark Waite

Nov 25, 2020, 7:29:55 PM11/25/20
to Jenkins Users
Try resetting your password through https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/ and then attempt to login to https://issues.jenkins.io/

If that does not work, reply to this email and we'll try more diagnostics.

Message has been deleted

Mark Waite

Nov 26, 2020, 11:07:07 PM11/26/20
to Jenkins Users
I've had to refresh the captcha on occasion to show an updated captcha that I can then enter.  You might try that?

You might also try with a long password that uses only characters in the ASCII range.  I'm not sure how locale processing is handled in the password validation process.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 8:30 PM Yannick Lacaute <yannick...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have reset my password with https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/
I am able to connect on https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/ but I still cannot log in issues.jenkins-ci.org.

any idea ?
Message has been deleted

Inga Quatuor

Dec 2, 2020, 12:24:08 PM12/2/20
to Jenkins Users
I am having a similar problem. I signed up at https://issues.jenkins.io/  and I received a mail titled "[JIRA] Account signup" but I cannot login. Neither at https://accounts.jenkins.io/ nor https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/ nor https://issues.jenkins.io/ . The password reset is also not working - I am not receiving any mails that way. As far as I can see there is no verification action required. The signup mail only contains 2 links ( https://issues.jenkins.io and a link to reset your password ) and my account info.

I tried signing up with different email adresses (the first three kinda similar with name.surname at different domains, the last one randomly generated at tempmail.org), tried passwords with differing complexies and tried different browser to no avail. No account let's me login.

Any ideas?

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 12:28:42 PM UTC+1 yannick...@gmail.com wrote:
I am able to log in to https://accounts.jenkins.io/  and to https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/ but not https://issues.jenkins.io/
My password is already in ASCII range and there is not captcha on https://issues.jenkins.io/

--
Yannick LACAUTE
Consultant indépendant

Richard Bywater

Dec 3, 2020, 2:24:44 AM12/3/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I suspect that the Jira sign-up link should actually probably be disabled as if I'm not mistaken accounts need to be created via the accounts or beta.accounts URL.

Hopefully someone who knows more about the new Jira setup can confirm or deny that :)

Richard.

Quatuor, Inga

Dec 3, 2020, 5:07:16 AM12/3/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hello again,

now I am having the same problem as the others. I signed up at https://accounts.jenkins.io/ , received a mail with a temporary password, logged in at https://accounts.jenkins.io/ with that password, changed it to a new password (all successfully), but I still can't log in at https://issues.jenkins.io/ . (I tried changing the password again to a more complex one, too.)

When trying to login at https://issues.jenkins.io/ I can see one POST https://issues.jenkins.io/rest/gadget/1.0/login request with the correct username and password in the request body. The response is 200 with the following body:

{"allowCookies":true,"externalUserManagement":false,"isPublicMode":true,"isElevatedSecurityCheckShown":false,"loginSucceeded":false,"captchaFailure":false,"loginError":false,"communicationError":false,"contactAdminLink":"please contact your Jira administrators","loginFailedByPermissions":false}

Best, Inga

Dec 3, 2020, 7:32:04 AM12/3/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Looks like an infra issue. I filed INFRA-2835 for a possible explanation.

There's nothing you can do about it at the moment. Your accounts, for now, will not work in Jira. Most notably, registering new accounts won't work either.

Nicholas Devenish

Mar 10, 2021, 9:14:32 AM3/10/21
On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:31 PM Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:
> There's nothing you can do about it at the moment. Your accounts, for now, will not work in Jira. Most notably, registering new accounts won't work either.

Was this ever resolved in some way or understood? I appear to have an
old account from issues.jenkins-ci.org (under this email), but
- The password doesn't work to login
- The "request password" feature on all of
https://accounts.jenkins.io/, https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io/ or
https://issues.jenkins.io/ don't send me any email
- Attempting to register with the same address gives me an error
message that my email address is already registered

Mark Waite

Mar 10, 2021, 9:24:02 AM3/10/21
to Jenkins Users
Send your Jenkins account username and the email address that you believe is associated with your Jenkins account to my email address mark.earl.waite at gmail .  I'll use the admin interface to attempt to send you a password reset message.  If that does not work, then we'll use private email to find a way to reset your account password.

Mark Waite