Reference repos and the multibranch pipeline plugin

Jørgen Sølvernes Sandnes

Sep 30, 2016, 8:13:29 AM9/30/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi!

I've enjoyed trying out the pipeline and multibranch pipeline plugin, and it looks like a nice improvement to prior pipeline support. I think the maintainers have done a very nice job here :)

On my project we (sadly) have a large git repo (several GBs) to work with, and this has led to long build times. I previously solved this by using a reference repository which changed scm checkout time from several minutes down to a few seconds.

I have tried to find a way to do the same with the multibranch pipeline plugin, but with no luck.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

Best regards,
Jørgen

Mark Waite

Sep 30, 2016, 10:14:37 AM9/30/16
to Jenkins Users
The https://github.com/MarkEWaite/jenkins-bugs/blob/JENKINS-36507-honorRefspec/Jenkinsfile file shows an example using a reference repository from within a Jenkinsfile.  I use that repository frequently in two different multi-branch pipeline jobs to confirm that bugs which were fixed in the git plugin previously are still fixed.

Hope that helps,
Mark Waite

Alex Ehlke

Oct 12, 2016, 6:16:09 PM10/12/16