All jobs disappeared from view

David Maul

Jan 1, 2021, 10:07:41 PM1/1/21
to Jenkins Users
All of a sudden my jobs have all disappeared from the :8080 web page.  They are very much there on disk. I have tried reloading configuration from disk - no luck.  I have tried restoring /var/lib/jenkins entirely from a backup, still no luck.  Nothing seems to help.  I am only greeted with:

"This view has no jobs associated with it. You can either add some existing jobs to this view or create a new job in this view."

I know all of my job data is there, but I cannot figure out why jenkins will not show it to me.

I am running 2.150.3 on Centos7.  Usually has been very good.  This is kind of a crisis.

Thanks in advance for help, and Happy New year.

jaychandran subramanian

Jan 1, 2021, 10:19:55 PM1/1/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Pls check what is there in /var/lib/jenkins/jobs folder if all jobs present in this folder just restart Jenkins service

David Maul

Jan 1, 2021, 10:22:33 PM1/1/21
to Jenkins Users
Yes, I had tried that, numerous times.  (All the jobs data is there).  I even restored a backup done earlier today when everything was fine.  No luck.      HOWEVER, I just downloaded a newer jenkins.war (2.263) , and then restarted jenkins, and the jobs all reappeared.  Perhaps this will help someone else.

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Jan 2, 2021, 1:49:13 PM1/2/21
to Jenkins Users
Did you check the logs? I bet you have an exception related to one or more plugins not loaded correctly

David Maul

Jan 3, 2021, 9:58:57 AM1/3/21
to Jenkins Users
Thanks, I had looked into the logs but did not see anything that helped.

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 3, 2021, 1:33:50 PM1/3/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This issue definitely rings a bell to me. I think this got fixed somehow recently.
Cannot check easily now, otp.

Which versions did you upgrade from and to?

Did you check the changelog for hints?

Thanks