ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code.

Charles Karney

Oct 5, 2017, 10:32:20 AM10/5/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Gregory Kessler
Triggering a Jenkins build on a job that has "usually" worked gives:

ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report this
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

The log up to this point is

Started by user Charles Karney
[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.
Building remotely on bso-centos7-gpu (centos7gpu slave) in workspace
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/vt-geographiclib

Deleting project workspace... done

Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git
> /usr/bin/git init
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/vt-geographiclib/project # timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git
> /usr/bin/git --version # timeout=10
> /usr/bin/git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git # timeout=10
> /usr/bin/git config --add remote.origin.fetch
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* # timeout=10
> /usr/bin/git config remote.origin.url
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git # timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git
> /usr/bin/git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
ssh://g...@scm-vt.sarnoff.com/common/geographiclib.git
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> /usr/bin/git rev-parse refs/remotes/origin/feature/majic^{commit}
# timeout=10
> /usr/bin/git rev-parse
refs/remotes/origin/origin/feature/majic^{commit} # timeout=10
Checking out Revision efd6519b02aa23c02af3c4f25064b9ea91ec09f0
(refs/remotes/origin/feature/majic)
> /usr/bin/git config core.sparsecheckout # timeout=10
> /usr/bin/git checkout -f efd6519b02aa23c02af3c4f25064b9ea91ec09f0
> /usr/bin/git rev-list f98d0f44741e37d12d849870df884c0cdbd24bc5 # timeout=10
ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report
this to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No
matching Artifactory server was found in General Configuration. Please
update your job configuration.

I can execute the git commands "manually" on my machine OK. The last
command

/usr/bin/git rev-list f98d0f44741e37d12d849870df884c0cdbd24bc5

returns a list of 166 commits. Let me know if you want additional
information.

Charles Karney

Oct 5, 2017, 10:47:24 AM10/5/17
to Jenkins Users
I'm running Jenkins 1.589.

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 10:32:20 AM UTC-4, Charles Karney wrote:
Triggering a Jenkins build on a job that has "usually" worked gives:

  ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report this

Mark Waite

Oct 5, 2017, 11:05:51 AM10/5/17
to Jenkins Users
That failure message is unrelated to git.

The message "java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No
matching Artifactory server was found in General Configuration. Please
update your job configuration." seems to indicate that some method which expects an artifactory server to be defined globally is not finding a globally defined artifactory server.  Check what changed in your global configuration.

Mark Waite

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 8:47 AM Charles Karney <cha...@karney.com> wrote:
I'm running Jenkins 1.589.

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 10:32:20 AM UTC-4, Charles Karney wrote:
Triggering a Jenkins build on a job that has "usually" worked gives:

  ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report this
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No
matching Artifactory server was found in General Configuration. Please
update your job configuration.

I can execute the git commands "manually" on my machine OK.  The last
command

  /usr/bin/git rev-list f98d0f44741e37d12d849870df884c0cdbd24bc5

returns a list of 166 commits.  Let me know if you want additional
information.

Charles Karney

Oct 6, 2017, 11:43:29 AM10/6/17
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for the information.  My problem seems to have cleared up by itself!

  --Charles

Mark Waite

Oct 6, 2017, 11:50:47 AM10/6/17
to Jenkins Users
Possibly there are other administrators on that Jenkins instance, and one of them assigned a value to the artifactory server in the general configuration?