Fwd: Framework for Developers build pipeline

1 view

Mayank Kumar

Jul 15, 2019, 5:29:30 AM7/15/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I have a framework related query. Will be bit long to tell the architecture which I am planning.

We have like 30+ applications and we have 30 pipelines for running the builds on developers code. All of these are applications are on node.js and hence running same npm commands for build.
Please note, currently these are running on demand.
The current architecture is working fine but we have many more applications needs to be added and we have to repeat same process again of creating build pipelines.

Now , I am thinking to create one generic pipeline which will take name of application and repo where code is committed and run this one pipeline which will fetch scm from the repo mentioned in parameter. (I achieved this by making a folder inside the workspace and fetching the repo via git in that folder)
Please can anyone suggest, if this is a right approach. Also If i am moving ahead with this, can I achieve triggering automated build pipeline for any specific application whenever any commit is done in master branch of that particular application repository?

Any suggestions are welcome. Be it pros or cons.

Thanks
Mayank

Kande, Rakesh

Jul 15, 2019, 8:26:15 AM7/15/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
yes, thats right approach if u want to get rod of manually creating pipelines. we have similar setup where devs have access to create their pipelines using a seed job.

Thanks,
Rakesh Kande

On Jul 15, 2019, at 4:29 AM, Mayank Kumar <mayankkum...@gmail.com> wrote:

ATTENTION: This email was sent by someone outside of FTD. Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

Hi All,

  ­­