jenkins parallel streams with local files?

red 888

Dec 22, 2017, 7:16:22 PM12/22/17
to Jenkins Users

My parallel steps need access to a local file in the workspace of the job. But it seems they can access it?

I tried listing the workspace in each stream:

powershell "ls ${workspace}"

they are all empty! Each stream has its own workspace and the output of each stream ls C:\workspace\branch_name@<stream#> shows no files.

How they get access to the main workspace? they're pretty much useless to me if they can't even access local files.

I understand this could create a race condition, is there at least a feature to copy files from the main workspace to the stream workspaces?

Mark Waite

Dec 22, 2017, 7:18:47 PM12/22/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The "stash" step stores files from a workspace.  The "unstash" step retrieves previously stored stashes.

Mark Waite

red 888

Dec 27, 2017, 12:43:19 PM12/27/17
to Jenkins Users
Thanks! That was just what I needed, but now I have a question about how to clear out the stash for each run. Just made a new post for this question.