Valgrind-publisher settings

Mark Richter

Feb 14, 2020, 1:13:04 PM2/14/20
to Jenkins Users
I'm totally new to Jenkins and I have a question. Where does the valgrind-publisher look to find the report files (i.e., starting from which directory)? The documentation is not clear to me.

Thanks.
Mark

Mark Waite

Feb 14, 2020, 1:15:33 PM2/14/20
to Jenkins Users
From the Jenkins workspace.  Each Jenkins job is run inside a workspace on an agent.  That agent may be the Jenkins master node or it may be another node.

Mark Richter

Feb 14, 2020, 6:22:45 PM2/14/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
That tells me at a very high level, but what I need is information on how to configure a pattern for the valgrind publisher to look for the output file anywhere in the at-the-time execution directory.

From what I've seen, it should probably be something like **/*.memcheck (e.g.), but I don't know what other publisher options need to be configured or how.

Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAO49JtF6iWdEQWXFdv38HrvQhBDqA2iatGBOPR8TLnWhbHsJpQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Mark Waite

Feb 14, 2020, 7:00:49 PM2/14/20
to Jenkins Users
Unfortunately, I've not configured the valgrind publisher for a very long time.  The pattern you listed seems reasonable to me.  I think the best advice is to try it with a test job and see if it works.

Mark Richter

Feb 18, 2020, 2:22:10 PM2/18/20
to Jenkins Users
Is there any comprehensive documentation (and where), or who can answer these questions?

It seems really odd that I can't find this information - I've tried Google an this forum.  So far no luck.  Surely a published feature like this has a reference somewhere.

Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM Mark Richter <m.a.ric...@gmail.com> wrote:
That tells me at a very high level, but what I need is information on how to configure a pattern for the valgrind publisher to look for the output file anywhere in the at-the-time execution directory.

From what I've seen, it should probably be something like **/*.memcheck (e.g.), but I don't know what other publisher options need to be configured or how.

Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:15 AM Mark Waite <mark.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
From the Jenkins workspace.  Each Jenkins job is run inside a workspace on an agent.  That agent may be the Jenkins master node or it may be another node.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:13 AM Mark Richter <m.a.ric...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm totally new to Jenkins and I have a question. Where does the valgrind-publisher look to find the report files (i.e., starting from which directory)? The documentation is not clear to me.

Thanks.
Mark

Mark Waite

Feb 18, 2020, 2:41:44 PM2/18/20
to Jenkins Users
On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM Mark Richter <m.a.rich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any comprehensive documentation (and where), or who can answer these questions?

Refer to https://plugins.jenkins.io/valgrind/ for the valgrind plugin documentation.  Refer to https://jenkins.io/doc/ for the Jenkins documentation.

Mark Waite

Mark Richter

Feb 18, 2020, 2:56:25 PM2/18/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Been there, done that.

Unfortunately, this gives only a skeleton of what's available, with no description of the options and how they work.

In short, it presents a sample of the setup, some graphs and a list of release notes, but it doesn't tell me how to use the plugin - what the possibile settings for the options are and what they mean.  I suppose it would help someone who has configured it before and uses it all the time - I'm not at that stage and need a significantly higher leve lof guidance.