Slave cannot connect to Jenkins via tcpSlaveAgentListener

john.peterson

Apr 11, 2018, 11:12:23 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
Legacy systems (3+ years) running 2.111

http://jenkins_1:8080/tcpSlaveAgentListener takes us to a page that simply says Jenkins.  This system works.
http://jenkins_2:8080/tcpSlaveAgentListener takes us to a page that simply says Jenkins.  This system works.
http://jenkins_3:8080/tcpSlaveAgentListener takes us to a page that simply says Jenkins.  This system works.

New system running 2.107

This is the first time I've had trouble getting a slave to connect.

I've checked to make sure all of the plugins are there and the same as on the other systems.

My VM is a clone from System2.  I updated my "slave launch" batch file from

When I run that command on the slave I get:

Apr 11, 2018 10:13:33 AM hudson.remoting.jnlp.GuiListener$2 run
SEVERE: http://jenkins_4:8080/tcpSlaveAgentListener/ is invalid: 404 Not Found
java.io.IOException: http://jenkins_4:8080/tcpSlaveAgentListener/ is invalid: 404 Not Found
at org.jenkinsci.remoting.engine.JnlpAgentEndpointResolver.resolve(JnlpAgentEndpointResolver.java:204)
at hudson.remoting.Engine.innerRun(Engine.java:518)
at hudson.remoting.Engine.run(Engine.java:469)

I am the one that set up all 4 systems.  Doing side-by-side comparisons, everything seems the same.  I have entered firewall exceptions (or turned off).  I have the same JAVA on all.  I have added exceptions in JAVA as appropriate.

The only diagnostics I can find is from CloudBees and only semi-applies to what I am trying to diagnose.

john.peterson

Apr 11, 2018, 11:20:51 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
Java 1.8 144 by the way which is in use across the board on all systems.

Daniel Beck

Apr 11, 2018, 11:27:58 AM4/11/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Is the TCP agent listener port in the global security config of Jenkins disabled on the fourth system?

john.peterson

Apr 11, 2018, 11:36:19 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
&#$% I missed one stupid setting.  All the others are fixed 9192 or something like that.  I set this the same and Voila!

Thanks

Is this a change in setup defaults?

BTW - this system is only showing "stable" updates for Jenkins.  All others are showing ALL updates (which I actually prefer).  Is there a way to change that?

Daniel Beck

Apr 11, 2018, 11:39:49 AM4/11/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 11. Apr 2018, at 17:36, john.peterson <john.p...@nikon.com> wrote:
>
> Is this a change in setup defaults?

Since Jenkins 2.0 in 2016, and its introduction of the setup wizard.

> BTW - this system is only showing "stable" updates for Jenkins. All others are showing ALL updates (which I actually prefer). Is there a way to change that?

You should generally use https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json as Jenkins will send its current version, and the update server will forward to the most appropriate update information.

Sat

Feb 17, 2020, 12:04:06 PM2/17/20
to Jenkins Users
I am facing the same issue today.
For Jenkins agent :  TCP port for inbound agent. - fixed 8020 port
I used the same like below:

docker run jenkinsci/jnlp-slave -url http://jenkins-master.test:8020 -workDir=/home/jenkins/agent pkRUdAH07VFHhSWb9RAQCRFdWP7j0eIx9jfhRhj5  jenkins-agent

but still seeing issue:

Feb 17, 2020 2:45:58 PM hudson.remoting.jnlp.Main$CuiListener error

SEVERE: http://jenkins-master.test:8020/tcpSlaveAgentListener/ is invalid: 404 Not Found

java.io.IOException: http://jenkins-master.test:8020/tcpSlaveAgentListener/ is invalid: 404 Not Found

Can you let me know how to fix this, thanks.

Jeff Thompson

Feb 17, 2020, 12:25:10 PM2/17/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Did you check the same settings as were mentioned earlier in this discussion?

Otherwise, you would need to provide additional details such as versions, changes, etc., for anyone to have a chance of helping you.

Jeff

Sat

Feb 17, 2020, 1:11:27 PM2/17/20
to Jenkins Users
hi,
Thanks for reply.
I am using an EC2 machine as master and spin up a fargate instance as slave.
Both are in same VPC and subntes.

The error I am seeing when I try to run from command line.
Let me know if you need any more details, thanks.

Sat

Feb 19, 2020, 9:04:29 AM2/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,
The issue has been resolved now, thanks.