create a local linux machine as a slave for aws ec2 cloud jenkins

gopi dasari

Oct 11, 2019, 10:14:16 AM10/11/19
to Jenkins Users
HI All,

I am very new to Jenkins,

I want to create my local machine as a slave for aws ec2 cloud Jenkins to run the jobs. anyone please help me how to create a slave machine to ec2 jenkins-master.

jenkins master-slave.png

jenkins master-slave.png

Mark Waite

Oct 11, 2019, 10:43:45 AM10/11/19
to Jenkins Users
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Distributed+builds describes the alternatives available and the reasons for those alternatives.

If your local machine is not directly accessible to your EC2 master or if it is a Windows computer, then you are likely unable to initiate the connection from the master to the agent.  That means you can't use the ssh-slaves connection technique.  You'll likely need to use the JNLP based technique that allows you to initiate a connection from the agent to the master.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Farrukh Fareed

Oct 11, 2019, 10:49:47 AM10/11/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi
On your local machine there should be public ip or vpn tunnel so that you can connect to your local machine from ec2 master jenkins...next is java should be installed on your local system...go to master add node...this you can google